Set eplus zone loads / recirculated air per area

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the recirculated air per area option in the setEPZoneLoads component.

I am trying to understand what is the best way to implement those required air changes in a hospital building. Would I basically add the same amount I am adding in the ventilation per area input to the recirculated air input. Or would I designate a certain amount to the ventilation per area input and the remainder to the recirculated air.

In california operating rooms have a 20 air change per hour requirement. But I cant seem to get the right output of my current setup

I just found the answer to my own question.

Thanks

Back to this question. I entered the values I needed into the set EPZoneloads component as shown below

But once I simulated the model I got an error about the cooling tower use the wrong type of “Evaporation Loss Mode”

So I tried using the additionaStrings_ input to overwrite that value, but it did not make a difference. I still got the same error. So I am assuming now that the additionalStrings_ input does not overwrite existing strings it just adds new ones.

Any advice on how I can get this resolved? I know I can complete this in openstudio, but I am looking to set up a model that can run a large amount of iterations.

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Currently additional string is just added to the end of the file. This is one of those cases that a measure might be the best solution for now. One EnergyPlus moves to JSON schema which will happen soon. Finding and replacing/modifying objects will get much easier.