Snappyhexmesh parallel running error

Hi,guys.I am using butterfly for outdoor wind analysis. There is 50+ buildings in this project. So I tried to running snappyhexmesh in parallel mode. During the meshing process, the cmd windows showed the flowing error:

mpirun noticed that process rank 0 with PID 32119 on node default exited on signal 9(Killed)

After this error, the cmd window shut down right now.
Anyone can tell why this happened? And how to fix it?

This happens if you try to stop the command in the middle of the run. This is how Butterfly stops a solution but I never implemented it for snappyHexMesh. Does it run fine if you run it on a single CPU?

@TheodorosGalanos, any thoughts?

Hi, mostapha.

Running snappyhexmesh in a single CPU still have this error.Someone told me because the memory is not enough,so I decrease the mesh level and snappyhexmesh ran successfully.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for chiming in so late. This is indeed a memory error. I would say your solution is not to decrease mesh size though, since your memory failed at 1.5m cells which is a very small number for today’s PCs.

I think what you need to do is to give more memory to your VBox. You can do that by opening it, closing down the session, then going to the options and changing memory to what you want it to use (with the slider) and CPU numbers to what you can support.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Theodore.