1.Solution exception and problem with solar gains analysis

Hi,
I have a problem, but I couldn’t solve it.
I try to do daylight analysis but I get this error:

1. Solution exception:‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘Faces’
    I have found other discussion about this topic but I don’t solve the problem, so I attecched the image with the error.
    IMG%201
    I think that the problem is linked with the thickness of my geometry showed in the following image.
    IMG%202
    Also, another problem is that when I run the solar gains analysis it doesn’t see the shading and so I get the same results as the case with only windows. It is maybe because the geometry is too complex?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

I attached the Gh file here
File.gh (568.2 KB)

1. Please check if you’re really supplying Breps to the HB_EPContextSrf component
  2. Updating the component may help. There are many discussion on the forum that explain how to do that.
  3. The necessary geometry data was not internalised and hence I would run your file. Kindly read these guidelines

Also, please setup a profile picture.

I atteched the gh file and rhino file because I haven’t solve the problem yet.
File.zip (6.2 MB)

Why don’t you remove the thickness of the shading element? I think it is fine to represent a 2cm thick shading as a plane surface

I can’t because I need to consider thickness in the analysis. I really don’t know how to solve this problem in another way.

There’s a checkPlanarity with a tolerance of 0.001 for every surfaces, your shading surfaces definitely be simplified. You should really think about whether to consider the thickness in your energy model, personally I wouldn’t in this case. Even if I want to be conservative then I’d just only consider only the 2 large surfaces on the front and back for each element, without taking into account of the side surfaces.

The thickness is definitively what is causing the problem.
Agree with @devang that the contribution of the 2 cm thickness will be minimal. You really don’t want it.
Attached a version where i extracted the external face of the shading element. it wirks for the context component.
I bet also that the simulation will take a long time just becouse the meshing process of such tiny elements. Give it a try
I will also straighten the corners. At some point you need to see that the energy model doesn’t have to be as the “architectural” model. Specially on those cases where you have very high resolution small geometries.

In case you insist in the thickness try changing the tolerance in Rhino to 0.00001 (worked for me).

-A.
File_AY.gh (585.9 KB)

Thanks, for your replay, I’ll try to simplify the geometry.