CIE Sky Daylight Legacy vs 1.3

Hi I am doing daylight study, I used both legacy and 1.3 version but i am getting different results for the 1.3 version and this seems wrong. Appreciate if someone can advice on this :slight_smile:

Left result is the legacy version, and right is the 1.3 version.

Attaching the GH for reference.

Thank you in advance.

Daylighting Analysis 2.gh (535.9 KB)

Hi @yewi,

First off, unless you have a reason to use 1.3 and not 1.4 I would advise you to update your installation using the versioner component or sync the components on the canvas.

There are (at least) two things wrong with your setup.

1. The image from Legacy is clearly with a direct sun model hence the sharp pink pattern on the grid. In your setup you used the wrong CIE Sky; “1” (sunny without sun) instead of “0”. If we correct this I get the following result. The direct sun pattern is there but the results are clearly not right, see point 2.

2. Your model is very large, which means that you should likely increase the ambient resolution (-ar). You can see more in this post.

2 Likes

Hallo yewi,

seeing the two images, I’m sure you didn’t use the same Radiance parameters.

I would advise you to check and compare exactly all settings, aka Model, Grid Size, CIE Sky Type, Radiance Params and Legend segments.

Best regards

@mikkel hi LeFleur and Mikkel,

Thank you for your help, let me try increasing the Rad Parameters settings. Will update you and this thread if I find a fix.

Cheers,

Dear all, I found a current fix of this problem for 1.3 version. It seems to be the untrimmed surface that is causing the problem. I rebuild the analysis srf with 2 rectangular surfaces and this works and sort out the data structure that comes out from the solver.

Thank you @LaFleur and @mikkel