ERROR: Creating Sky Matrix from WEA file

Dear Ladybug Community,

It’s been a while since I did not work with HB+, and I am facing an error that I couldn’t find any clue to solve it. When I import the epw file, I cannot export the sky matrix from the component.

I have tried many weather files, my case is for Melbourne. Is there anyone who had the same problem?

I am using Rhino 5 and HB+ has been updated to the latest version.

Regards
Amir

This worked fine at my end. Can you please try the attached version?
Python files to be placed at C:\Users\yourUserName\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\scripts

Thanks for your reply @devang

It seems your version is the older one (There are fewer user objects especially for Ladybug Plus than the one I have), so it means the new one is not debugged yet, right?

The plus versions are under development for sure

1 Like

Hello,
I am getting the same error with version 0.0.05 but the 0.0.04 version runs fine.

However, I need to use the new components for Tau_ClearSky and ASHRAE_ClearSky that are only released for version 05. Is there a quick fix for version 0.0.05 that allows the SkyMatrix component to recognize the WEA object correctly and not as a class?
Appreciate the help!
Aman

This is most likely because how we check the type in the older version of honeybee which hasn’t been updated after the changes made to several objects in ladybug . The solution is to use isinstance for checking instead of using hasattr .

Thanks @mostapha

I tried commenting out the problematic hasattr() in climatebased.py, but I am still getting additional errors in reading the location format. Should this be filed as an issue on the repo?

This issue has been resolved on GitHub. See this post on how to update your honeybee[+] installation:

2 Likes