Error in running Energy model in Honeybee using EnergyPlus and OpenStudio

Hi Everyone

I am trying to set up an energy model for an open office with a parametric geometry built in grasshopper.
Also, all construction materials, schedules and loads as well as the HVAC system inputs are customized.

When using the exportToOpenStudio component and connect the Boolean toggle (set to true) to the _writeOSM node, i get the following error:

1. Solution exception:expected int, got str

When I use the runEnergySimulation component I get 15 error messages such as the following:

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** Line: 7504 You must run the ExpandObjects program for “HVACTemplate:Zone:IdealLoadsAirSystem”

The one thing I noticed is that if I create the geometry in Grasshopper, I need to bake it and bring it back as a brep before it will run.
If I assign a zone program when creating the HoneyBee zones, it does not run.
If I assign an HVAC system to it, it gives an error message saying that I need to export to OpenStudio.

I am pretty sure that I am missing some pretty basic step but not sure what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TestBuidling 2019-06-07.gh (796.8 KB)

@Ravindra ,

Please respect the forum guidelines and only upload a file that is needed to recreate a certain error. You have a few issues with your file but it would probably help you to know that detailed HVAC systems (other than ideal air) are only available when you export your model to E+ through the OpenStudio component.

@chris

Noted and thanks.
What I did notice is that when I used exportToOpenStudio component “Ver0.064 Jun_01_2019” as per the previously attached file, i get the " 1. Solution exception:expected int, got str" error but not when I used the previous version of it dated “Nov_20_2018”.
Is there a bug with this newer version of the component?

@Ravindra,

Thank you and I see now what the issue was. Yes, there was a bug in the OpenStudio component that was in the latest version of the component for ~5 days before I noticed it (I was wondering if anyone would post to the forum about finding it). I fixed it 3 days ago:

So, if you update to the very latest versions of the component, you should be all good to go.

I’m glad that you posted this. Hopefully, this means that, if other people encounter this issue, they will find this post and know to update.

@chris

Thanks! I will give it a try.

Just to clarify, if I want to run the energy simulation with a defined HVAC system I need to use the exportToOpenStudio component. Otherwise I can use a “generic” energy simulation using the runEnergySimulation component?

Is it a requirement that the geometry be brought in to Grasshopper as a brep instead of being drawn in Grasshopper itself?

I seem to get the attached errors when I connect my “Grasshopper” created geometry up, but it runs if the geometry is baked out then brought in as a brep?

Thanks