Gridbased running problem in new version

Hello
I am working on the efficiency of light carried by a light pipe system. I made a design for it. How many lux will the light in the outside be carried into the room? I’m wondering about this.
I was able to run its design and Grid Based Simulation while using the old version. Then I downloaded the new version. I adapted the gridbased circuit to my own model from the samples in the ladybug-tools-1-4-0 file I downloaded. But “1. Solution exception:Attempted to divide by zero.” Gives a fault. I added the Model JSONSchema file located here Releases · ladybug-tools/honeybee-schema · GitHub to the Update HBJSON component as the file path and made it “true”. But I think something is missing that I couldn’t get updated information.
I am attaching the file and I have two questions.

1. Where do I make mistakes in the circuit I prepared with new components “1. Solution exception:Attempted to divide by zero” gives this error? Is the circuit correct?

2. Which of the illuminance values ​​in the EPW file should I consider moved indoors? Which of the values ​​direct_normal_ill, diffuse_horizontal_ill or global_horizontal_ill does the software use when calculating?

I would be glad if you help me. Thank you.
newgridbased3.gh (609.3 KB)

Below are the screenshots of the PITGrid circuit I mentioned in the first and the external illuminance I mentioned in the second.

Hey @fatalay ,

Your model is definitely not set up correctly as you are connecting multiple duplicate copies of the same geometry to one model but the error was caused by an edge-case bug in the planarization of your curved window. I just pushed a fix for this planarization case:

If you run the LB Versioner and restart Rhino, you’ll at least be able to simulate this curved geometry correctly.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Viewbased daylight similation error Issue on mac

@chris thank you very much.
I understood the problem, figured out it and got results. Thank you for your help.
But I have a new question. I want to set up the model with Face, not RoomSolid, and set up the grid on the wall surface, not on the floor. For this, I defined the required values for GenPts and SensorGrid. But where can I get the mesh connection required for the Heatmap?

Hi @fatalay,

I think you should be able to use the mesh you’re inputting into your SensorGrid component as the input into the Heatmap component.

1 Like

I can’t believe I didn’t notice this. Thank you @charlie.brooker

1 Like

Hello again.
I have one more question. When I run “True” “False” again “True” without making any changes to the PITGrid circuit in my model, I get different light distribution results. Why is this happening?

Hi @fatalay,

Run the simulation with higher Radiance parameters. You can start by increasing the _detail_level_ in HB Radiance Parameter.

1 Like