HB Shading Context_TransMaterial fails

@LachlanFinn ,

Sorry for the late response here and very good observation. In honesty, I never quite realized how the opening multiplier values were supposed to work but what you have said makes complete sense. It was easy enough to add an input for these opening multipliers in the case of shades so I just added it into the component:

You can get an updated version of the component that supports assigning opening multipliers on the github:

… and you can see it in action in this file:
ShadeOpeningMultipliers.gh (558.4 KB)

Thanks for bringing this up!

1 Like

Hey, this file does not exist. Can I ask you for uploading again? Thanks

Hi -

Whenever a post is in the old forum category, you’ll have to check the old forum on Discussion Forum - Grasshopper to be able to download attachments.

-wim

1 Like

Hi @LachlanFinn and @chris,
I am trying to carry out a parametric analysis with the shade to glass distance and I bump into these four parameters Top opening multiplier, Bottom opening multiplier, left-side opening multiplier and Right side opening multiplier. In the last version HB 1.6, these parameters are left as 0.5 per default. Does this mean that half the distance from the window is open to the airflow to all sides?

This is quite confusing
From the Energy Plus Manual

Figure shows examples of Abot, Atop, Al and Ar for different shading device configurations. These areas range from zero to a maximum value equal to the associated shade/screen/blind-to-glass cross-sectional area; i.e., Abot and Atop ≤ sW, Al and Ar ≤ sH.

Thanks