Honeybee[+] update component error: Solution exception:WindowsError

If you try to use the Honeybee[+] Update component (aka. HoneybeePlus Installer), you will see an error similar to this:

Why is this happening and how can you solve the issue?

WHY

This issue is happening because we are restructuring the Plus plugin repositories to follow the format of all of our other Python repositories on github, so that we can distribute them more easily.

This change breaks the Honeybee[+] update component as now the name of the downloaded files are different. You shouldn’t be worried though as the fix is quite easy.

How to fix it?

Download the updated update component from the honeybee-grasshopper github. Copy the file into your HoneybeePlus folder at (C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\UserObjects\HoneybeePlus) overwriting the previous component. Then, restart Grasshopper and your new Updater component should run without issues! :smiley:

Let us know here if you face any issues.

4 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot import geometry from ladybug error

It didn’t work until I have run Rhino as administrator. Then the issue has been resolved. The error was “windows error”.

We have a new release that makes this post outdated. Please see here:

file_conflict
@chris Thanks for your solution. But when I do that there is an error like the picture. Please check for me. Thanks!