Issue with Roof Sub-Faces

Hi @edpmay

When bringing roof subface geometry (roof hatches) in from HB-PH to WUFI, I am having an issue where the roof hatches are brought in at an angle and at the wrong size.

Preview in Rhino:

Geometry when opened in WUFI (roof hatches are crooked and incorrect size):

This doesn’t happen with any other sub-face geometry (windows and doors on the above-grade walls). In my model, the roof hatches seem to want to align themselves with the cardinal directions which bring them in incorrectly in WUFI.

I’ve attached both a simplified grasshopper file and the rhino geometry.
230723_L1_LBTForumPost.gh (80.9 KB)
230723_L1_LBTForumPost.3dm (654.3 KB)

A related question, I have found that using the HB Door component for subfaces is not recognized in WUFI (looks correct in Grasshopper/Rhino, but simply does not bring in the geometry when exported to WUFI). For this reason, I set up all sub-faces as apertures in HB-PH and change them to opaque doors in WUFI. Let me know if there is a better way of if I am missing something with doors.

Thank you!
Molly

Hi @molly ,

Ah - yes, sorry for that. That was a problem we were having but I think we solved it in the latest version of the plugin?

Are you running the newest version? All you should have to do is download the installer and run it, and that should update all the plugin code behind the scenes.

That’s interesting about the door? To be honest I don’t think I’ve ever tried a door surface (I think I always do doors as regular ‘apertures’ ) but I’ll take a look when I am able to. Thanks for the heads up.

@edpmay

2 Likes

Thanks, @edpmay - The update fixed the roof hatch issue, glad it was that simple!

Best
Molly