Ladybug installation missing ladybug

I am running Rhino 6 SR32 with Ladybug tools 1.1.0 installed. I followed the instructions given on the page: https://github.com/ladybug-tools/lbt-grasshopper/wiki When I have opened the gh file and clicked on the boolean toggles to turn them both to true. I have closed Rhno and run the recommended script to install python. When I reopen Rhino and Grasshopper, I have all the necessary toolbars for Ladybug and Honeybee, but I do not seem to have the crucial Ladybug icon to drag on to the gh canvas to connect Ladybug to Grasshopper. What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

Randolph

Hi @randolphmiles

Which crucial Ladybug icon do you mean?

The tutorials I hav watched all begin with dragging the ladybug icon to the left of the Input tool bar to the canvas, to “activate” Ladybug. I don’t seem to have that icon.

So when I begin to place other LB components on the canvas they are red and give an error message “Failed to import Ladybug”

Randolph

Ahhh…
The ladybug_ladybug component.
You don’t need it anymore for the new LBT version.

So I must have done something else wrong in the installation that the LB components are always red and give the message that Ladybug failed to import. Any ideas?

That is difficult to see with the information you provided.

So, for example, when I try to connect up a sunpath module with information on the location from the EPW file, I get the error message “failed to import ladybug_geometry No module named ladybug_geometry.geometry2d.pointvector”.
I’m just beginning with ladybug, so I certainly need to go through more tutorials, I’m just wondering if there is something I have done wrone in the installation that the modules on the canvas seem to always be red, and seemingly missing the module components they should be connected to.

Randolph

Thanks @Erikbeeren for responding to the question about Ladybug_Ladybug. @randolphmiles, did you check this thread? It is clear that ladybug libraries are not installed right on your system and that is giving you these errors.

1 Like

@devang Thanks for the tip about that thread. I have gone in and edited the python script to point to the appropriate folder, and can now confirm that I have Ladybug up and running!

Thanks again,

Randolph