LBT 1.2 HVAC options and Energy Balance graphs

Congratulations folks. v1.2 is a significant upgrade.

I am now building a script where people can explore general design principles for naturally ventilated buildings (with their choice of Airflow Network or not) and DA/DF/UDI reports for daylight availability.

I have implemented your “IdealAir” widget to get useful information out of the Excellent Energy Balance graphing option.

I am seriously attracted by the notion that students might be able to select from a small number of options that I make accessible from your other HVAC widgets: Domestic Heat Pump, Gas Bolier with openable windows for example. However, I find that what I thought was simple - connect the rooms to the AllAir or DOAS widget instead of the IdealAir widget - does not produce a graph at all. Do I need to change some of the required EnergyPlus reports to make this work, or am I missing something.

Would become something else:

1 Like

Check this discussion for an answer. Using HVAC systems, besides Ideal System, can’t get the energy balance you request.
-A.

2 Likes

Brilliant. My search did not find this V. useful explanation. Thanks @AbrahamYezioro and @chris

We will do something quite different, then, when we are running the HVAC options.

M