Making complex forms for using honeybee

Hello,

I have been working on energy modelling by honeybee.
I was just wondering how much complex and how big the model could be for using honeybee.
I was just wondering if there is any easy way to make a complex form for using honeybee.

Thank you

Kind regards

@Syo Please upload some screenshot of your model. Honeybee focus on daylight and energy. For daylight modeling. it can support closed brep and open brep. For energy modeling, Honeybee only support closed brep and you should convert curved brep tp planar surface using UV divide or Lunchbox plugin.

Hello,

Thank you very much for replying.

Unfortunately, I have not had my own model, yet, but the form of my model would be really complex. If you had a complex model as Heydar Aliyev Centre, what would you do for energy modelling?

Thank you

Kind regards

@Syo As I said, you should change brep to plannar surface. You should pay more attention on simplify the model.
Here is a energy modeling for a complex atrium with sphere shape.

1 Like

Hello,

I was just wondering if all of the converted surfaces need to be completely flat, or if those could curve slightly.

Thank you

Kind regards

@Syo All of the surfaces should be planar surface.

Hello,

Thank you very much for replying.
I have understood that the form of a building needs to be simplified for energy modelling.
I have had another question. If an energy model is created, and if “Percent of Time Too Hot” is 0, I was just wondering if the script was working appropriately. Could the percent be zero, as the attached image shows?

Thank you

Kind regards