Shade Benefit Analysis - Conversion Error

Hi All,

I’m running a shade benefit analysis to determine an optimal configuration for a custom external shade device relative to building performance. The ‘baseline’ building E+ simulation runs without problems, but when inputting custom shade geometry to the shade benefit component I receive an error which reads “1. Solution exception:honeybee_ConversionFactor”.

Can anyone diagnose what might be at fault here? I’m struggling to do so myself, and its preventing the component from running. I’m also keen to hear any other side-pointers on running this component, as it appears quite sensitive to running multiple shading geometries at a single run?

GH Energy Analysis_CURRENTDESIGN _SB_int.gh (975.0 KB)

Thanks in advance,
James

Hi James,
Your GH file runs without any error at my end. I only updated the Ladybug_Ladybug and Honeybee_Honeybee components.

Thanks @devang - problem solved!

Is there a standard troubleshooting list/section for generic issues that we could use in the future to avoid posts similar to this? I’m not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, but perhaps posts such as this could be reduced with this available?

@jwoodall,
We have this forum for all the troubleshooting. The forum is quite searchable to I believe it serves well. I would request you to share for future reference what did you do to fix the issue.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Honeybee Shade Benefit Multiple Windows

Hi All,

I receive the same error as jwoodall when I want to run the script: “1. Solution exception:honeybee_ConversionFactor”. Can anyone diagnose what might be at fault here?

Thanks in advance,

Kim

20190322_Tsk56prtCref_HB_EP_SendToEllika.gh (999.2 KB)

@KimBodde ,

Your components are over a year old. You probably need to update them to get them to work.
Also, please be respectful of the forum guidelines and only upload files with the minimum needed to recreate the issue.