Similar results (energy) for shells or shadings separated from the façade

Hello friends.
I examine two separate shells from the building façade with an energy approach (in LBT). The two shells are different in terms of geometry and pattern, but unfortunately the output of both is quite similar. Does this make sense? I followed the whole workflow algorithm exactly and correctly, but the result is still the same. Do the friends who analyzed the skins in LBT have the same opinion? I want to know in general if Honeybee&ladybug are weak in this regard, I refrain from examining these skins.

unnamed.gh (610.8 KB)

Hi @Aliarch ,

This is somewhat anecdotal but, in my personal experience, I have often found that shading doesn’t have a big effect on annual heating/cooling loads unless I’m in a cooling dominated climate. This is especially true when shading geometries have similar amounts of openness like in your sample.

If you are trying to make a case for including shading in design, I find shade usually has a much bigger impact on peak cooling and HVAC size rather than annual heating/cooling loads.

I would also recommend using the 'PixelCounting calc_method` on the HB Shadow Calculation component when you have such detailed shading geometries. It will make the solar calculation faster and probably also more accurate.

thank you for quick replay. :pray: :pray:
I almost agree with you.

Hi
I will appreciate it if you attention to my topic.

Here you can get closer to the solution.

1 Like