Simulating IES lamps file through RAD materials

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for sending the files. I wonder if the white space in the address causes all the issue when you run it from Honeybee:

C:\Users\user\Dropbox\COMPANIES*Mamou-Mani ltd*\

This is a limitation in the current version, and we are aware of that and will be fixed for next versions: https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/Honeybee/issues/13

Cheers,

Mostapha

Hi Mostapha,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply. I tried using the same tool placing the ies file in the C drive here is what the bat file attached says:

**SET RAYPATH=.;c:\radiance\lib **PATH=c:\radiance\bin;$PATH

**cd C:\Radiance\Tests **ies2rad -o arthur_0.7 -m 0.7 CDM-i_25W_10deg.ies

It does create the rad file but the output is still empty as shown below.

I hope you can help again.

Many thanks,

Arthur

arthur_0.7.dat (749 Bytes)
arthur_0.7_ies2rad.bat (130 Bytes)
arthur_0.7.rad (544 Bytes)

Ha! I see what is going on here. In your case the ies file is spherical which I haven’t really implemented to IES>HB and that is why it is still in WIP tab. It shouldn’t be that hard to implement (it should be added both here and to runDaylightAnalysis) but I will be traveling from tomorrow for the rest of the week and it will be really tough to find a time to get this done but I can apply it early next week if it is not too late.

-Mostapha

I am really looking forward to that implementation =) Thank you for your great work

Already news if the implementation as easy as you thought or harder? =)

Hi Thomas. It is actually matter of time and not complexity. :). I will give it a go tomorrow and keep you posted.

Thanks for the info Mostapha =)

Already some news? =)

Hi Thomas, I just wanted let you know that I didn’t forget about this. There are so many open issues right now and I haven’t been able to find time for this one. Thank you for pushing this. I will do my best not to disappoint you this week! Please keep the pressure on! :wink:

Ok. I added the import part. I still need to add it to runDaylight simulation.

Here we go! I just did it so I can sleep with peace of mind. :slight_smile:

The file is attached. Let me know if you found any bugs!

Mostapha

IES2HB_WIP_V.gh (94.7 KB)

Super! I am glad to see that my discussion is going further.

Thank you Mostapha!

Claudio

:ooooo - wow Mostapha - that is so awesome - thank you so much for your great work and the fast implemetation - will try it today and let you know =)

Thanks again and have a peaceful sleep =)

So far it looks really good =) - nothing to complain

Hi Mostapha,

Im doing now interior lighting, and I need actually to rotate the ligh not to shine straigt down, but the HB don’t allow to do that ,is there any reason why ?

Thanks

Regards

Peter

and also I wanted to copy them and somehow is not working , GH file attached and internalised

image rendering.gh (435 KB)
056-9134516P.ies (28 KB)

Peter,

ies files are functions and they can’t be rotated or scaled in the scene. If you need them rotated you need to find the ies file for the rotated fixture. If it is not available then I would post the question to Radiance’s email list. Someone there might know where to find the file or what is the right approach to do it.

Mostapha

Thank for reply,

I was searching for the rotated one, and it doesn’ t exist, and I also tried to mimic the rotated one through some IES creator but it’ s not the same, so it will be really heplful to post that question to Radiance email list and hopefuly solve it than.

Kind regards

Peter

Go for it! I think you need to submit to the email list before sending an email. Let’s see what are the suggestions. You can subscribe here: https://www.radiance-online.org/community/mailing-lists/subscribe

Done :slight_smile: now just wait for the answer