"Sunpath" component does not read some of EPW files

Hi,

I have an issue with a “Sunpath” Component, which shows an error message (1. Solution exception:math domain error). It seems like working fine with most of EPW files, but some of them are not working such as Hartford (Connecticut), NYC (New York).

However, the other Sunpath component from “Ladybug” seems to work.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you in advance.

Seung

Hi @seung, Thank you for letting us know. What is the error message?

Thank you @mostapha for the prompt reply. Please see attached. sunpath component.gh (389.1 KB)

Maybe I have to reinstall LB?

Thank you so much.
Seung

Hi @seung,

I think the Zipped files are giving the problem. Perhaps you should unzip them first.

Hi there,

After I have updated my Ladybug tools to the newest version I got the same problem when using Copenhagen epw. (1. Solution exception:math domain error.)
Both Ladybug_Open EPW Weather file & Ladybug_Open EPW and STAT weather files components are giving me the same error message.
Any suggestions?

CPH sun path error.gh (394.4 KB)

Thanks.

Tiziano

Hi @Erikbeeren- My apologies. I should reply to you earlier. I had a tight schedule last Month. I do not think it is a matter of zipping/unzipping. Thanks for your comment though.

Hi, @tru- I have not had a chance to look at it yet. I rather used the Sunpath component from LadybugPlus for a temporary solution. I really have to figure this out sooner. However, I think it might be possible that the “Radiance” program is not up to date. Can you check your version of Radiance on your computer and try to update it if it is outdated? Please let me know if this works or not.

Thanks.

Simply updating the sunpath component to the latest version solved this error at my end. Please share if the error persists after updating.

Please use the latest Ladybug_Ladybug Component on your canvas when you try this.

Hi @devang,

Isn’t “VER 0.0.69 Jul_07_2020” the latest version? Is there a more recent version? I am currently using “VER 0.0.69,” but it is still not working.

Thanks.

You’re right. But the Ladybug_Ladybug component is updated after July 7th. Therefore, it’s important to have it updated.

Hi Seung and Devang

I have updated my Radiance from 5.1 to 5.2.2. And I believe I am using the latest version of Ladybug from 2020-Jul-13. But I still have the same issue with the Sun Path component.

Is there a newer version of the above mentioned?

Thanks a lot!

Hello All,

Sorry for the very late response here. There was actually a fix that I just pushed to the sun position calculation last week that I believe should fix the issues reported here:

The fix isn’t in the Food4Rhino stable release but you can get the updated Ladybug_Ladybug component that contains the fix by running the “Ladybug_Update Ladybug” component.

1 Like

Hi @chris and @devang,

It works now.

Thanks for your help.

Seung

1 Like