Using Ironbug with the new HB-Energy plugin

I figured out my bug! It was an issue with the override on the Ironbug_SaveToFile component. I right clicked and de-selected “override” and it worked!

-Teresa

1 Like

Good Afternoon Teresa,

Thank you for sharing this issue, I actually have the same problem with my model.
If I retain the “Override” option, the osm file I created with the HB to OSM component is going to be completely replaced with a new open studio model that has the HVAC I want but not the geometry, loads, etc I created before the SaveToFile.

And if I take off the “Override”, the resulting OSM model is going to be a mess: it will retain the geometry I want, but some of the thermal zones will have assigned an ideal load with the setpoints I want and some other zones will have assigned the HVAC I have created but they will not have the setpoint that I have defined in the rooms.
Also, If I try to run and energy + simulation from that file, it is going to fail immediatly due to the confusion of the program to find the correct nodes (at least frm my interpretation of the errors displayed in honeybee).

I will put here a picture of what the OSM file created without the Override option: as you can see, there should be only 17 zones, instead I have 34 because the zones defined before the “SaveToFile” component are not replaced (and they have an ideal load system).

Did you also have this issue? How did you solve it?

Let me know about it.
BR

Hi @Erikbeeren
Hi @MingboPeng

did you get any update on this matter?
I created the surfaces from scratch withouth using the Internal Source.
Still I get these lines:

{0;0}
  1. Program Version,EnergyPlus, Version 9.5.0-de239b2e5f, YMD=2021.09.28 10:22,
    ** Severe ** [Branch][Compensated Chilled water loop Demand Branch 1][components][0] - Missing required property ‘component_name’.
    ** Severe ** [Branch][Compensated Chilled water loop Demand Branch 1][components][0] - Missing required property ‘component_object_type’.
    ** Fatal ** Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.
    …Summary of Errors that led to program termination:
    … Reference severe error count=2
    … Last severe error=[Branch][Compensated Chilled water loop Demand Branch 1][components][0] - Missing required property ‘component_object_type’.
    ************* Warning: Node connection errors not checked - most system input has not been read (see previous warning).
    ************* Fatal error – final processing. Program exited before simulations began. See previous error messages.
    ************* EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
    ************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
    ************* EnergyPlus Terminated–Fatal Error Detected. 0 Warning; 2 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 0.24sec
  2. Runtime error (AggregateException): One or more errors occurred.

Traceback:
line 134, in script
line 174, in run_function_in_parallel,

Hi @MarcoVisco

The way explained above should work. More info you can find here.

2 Likes

Something I’ve been REALLY wanting to do for a while but just today was able to start working on it:
Using GhPy in SDK mode with:

clr.AddReference('Ironbug.Core')
clr.AddReference('Ironbug.HVAC')
clr.AddReference('Ironbug.Grasshopper')
clr.AddReference('System.Reflection')
import Ironbug.Core as ibc
import Ironbug.HVAC as ibh
import Ironbug.Grasshopper.Component as igc
import System.Reflection

stuff = self.ghenv.Component.Params.Output[0].Recipients
recip = []

for r in stuff:
    recip.append(r.Attributes.Parent.DocObject)

print(recip)

It appears at face value we can at least work with Ironbug via python!
(Currently working on seeing if I can figure out a HVACObjParams component with the same functionality in GhPy.

Good fun… If I only spent as much time learning C# as I do trying to do C# things in py… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“chris, post:10, topic:11362”]

Thankyou for providing these great tools …
When I try to do what you suggest in the image, I always get an error the node (13) is not connected to any component - which I can not explain.

I’ve deselect the override, but it is still not working