1. Daylight analysis bounces & 2. LM-83`s methodology to calculate ASE

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if LB HB could do a second - third - … daylight bouces simulation so that we could get a more realistic ambient light environment. As the below diagram showed…

AND about the second question, "the sunlight analysis method implemented in simulations using LM-83`s methodology to calculate ASE is also used trigger the human operation of manual blinds, which affects the determination of sDA. As a result, areas with high ASE values may have lower sDA scores b/c the algorithm assumes building occupants will close window blinds manually if excessive sunlight persists. "
Sorry for the long quote, BUT since we do have sDA simulation in HB-Radiance, I was wondering if the algorithm build-in the component contains above condition? @mostapha

Cheers,
Lei

This should be two separate topics so I will only give a full response to the first question raised here.

We have just added a component called “LB Surface Ray Tracing” to the latest development version of the LBT plugin that you can get with the LB Versioner. The new component can trace the rays that hit the light shelf through your room there so that you can get a sense of how it reflects the light. Here is a sample file that gives you an idea of how to use it.

The short answer to the second question is that we have something in the works and you should search this forum for related discussions before you make another post about it here.