'1. Solution exception:Could not find a part of the path' for daylight simulation

Hi all, I get the following error on my daylight simulation.

Warning: Roughness values above .2 is uncommon.
Warning: Roughness values above .2 is uncommon.
Runtime error (DirectoryNotFoundException): Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Radiance\mySimulations\room_640\annual_daylight_logs_\logs.log’.
Traceback:
line 353, in luigi_execution_summary, “C:\Users\Lenovo\ladybug_tools\python\Lib\site-packages\lbt_recipes\recipe.py”
line 372, in failure_message, “C:\Users\Lenovo\ladybug_tools\python\Lib\site-packages\lbt_recipes\recipe.py”
line 138, in script

I found out it might be because of version/compatibility issues, So I re installed new version of ladybug tools and Radiance based on the compatibility matrix:

But I still get this error.
You can find my GH definition here:
For_question.gh (191.7 KB)

update: I disconnected the ‘HB Recipe Settings’ component and part of the simulation is done, but still it has problems with the annual calculations:

Runtime error (PythonException): The recipe failed to run with the following summary:
Scheduled 36 tasks of which

• 33 ran successfully:
    • 1 AnnualDaylightRaytracing(…)
    • 3 AnnualDaylightRaytracingLoop(…)
    • 1 CopyGridInfo(…)
    • 1 CopyRedistInfo(…)
    • 1 CopySunUpHours(…)
  • 1 failed:
    • 1 CalculateAnnualMetrics(…)
  • 2 were left pending, among these:
    • 2 had failed dependencies:
      • 1 LetAnnualDaylightFly(…)
      • 1 _Main_f5da0c9fOrchestrator(…)

This progress looks : ( because there were failed tasks

Use the report_out attribute of recipe settings to see a full report.

Traceback:
line 138, in script

Hi @Nimafo,

I solved the first part by removing the single backslash in the end of the folder path provided to HB Recipe Settings. This should work: “C:\Radiance\mySimulations\640”. @chris, a double backslash ending will create the folder “640”. Maybe there should be a check for single backslash endings?

The seconds part is because of the _thresholds_ input in HB Annual Daylight. Your input is “-t 300 -lt 300 -up 3000”. It should be “-t 300 -lt 300 -ut 3000”.

SInce you are creating the room from faces only, you probably also want to use LB Generate Point Grid by connecting the floor surface rather than HB Sensor Grid from Rooms. I have a feeling this is not the grid you want:

`

2 Likes

Hi @mikkel,
Thanks a lot!

Thanks for pointing this out, @mikkel . I just pushed a change that will strip out this extra backslash if it is found:

Thanks for reporting the issue, @Nimafo !

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Annual Daylight 1.4 error “calculate daylight metrics”

Hi, I am trying to use HB on Mac OS and face similar issues. I tried to use the fixes but I am new to Python or any other form of coding and running into issues.
I get the following error:
{0;0;0}
0. Runtime error (DirectoryNotFoundException): Could not find a part of the path "/Users/sn/simulation/1

/utci_comfort_map/logs/logs.log".

Traceback:
line 357, in luigi_execution_summary, “/Users/sn/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/7.0/scripts/lbt_recipes/recipe.py”
line 398, in failure_message, “/Users/sn/Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/7.0/scripts/lbt_recipes/recipe.py”
line 224, in script

Sorry for reopening this and asking the naive questions!

Update: Managed to apply this fix: Release v0.22.4 · ladybug-tools/lbt-recipes · GitHub
but facing new problems now related to: UTCI Comfort Map Failure on "ComputeSpericalViewFactors" - #8 by chris