1. Solution exception:name 'debug' is not defined

I have no problem with the use of “split2floors” previously. However, I opened my old file recently and found that there is an error “1. Solution exception:name ‘debug’ is not defined” for the “split2floors” component.

Though most of the time it can be solved by recomputing the component, as my algorithm is an automated process for multiple cases, this error would be quite troublesome for me as I need to recompute again for each case.

Please help. Thanks.

What is the full error message from readme output?

@mostapha, @Ivanita

This error is due to some stray code (for debugging) I left while I was modifying this component a year ago. I can send a PR with the fix tomorrow, which will solve this.

S

2 Likes

@Ivanita

We’ve added the change that should fix your error: https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/honeybee/pull/720 .

Try updating your Honeybee components and give it another shot.

S

1 Like

I have got the same problem as @Ivanita. The Honeybee_SplitBuildingMass2Floors gives an error (1. Solution exception:name ‘debug’ is not defined) where it didn’t do that before.

I have already updatet the honeybee components, as @SaeranVasanthakumar proposed, but the problem still occurs.

However, if I turn the boolean input for running the component to False and then back to True again it does work. But I do need it to work on opening since I’m using the script for an optimisation.

Any ideas what the problem can be?

@Bo,

Sounds like the same error, but occurring in a different component. If so should be an easy fix. Let me take a look at it.

S

@Bo,

Nevermind, I see you are in fact referring to the same component. And having looked at the code, I’m not seeing a debug variable defined anywhere.

Did you try reloading/restarting your GH canvas after updating?

If that doesn’t work, please send the full output message.

S

@SaeranVasanthakumar

Thanks for your reply. I did restart my GH canvas, but again it does work after turning the component off and on, but not directly after opening GH.

This is the full output message:

Runtime error (UnboundNameException): name ‘debug’ is not defined

Traceback:
line 374, in main, “”
line 391, in script

@Bo

There’s nothing in the latest code that would trigger any error on those lines. This must be an update issue.

Can you try dragging and dropping a new Split2Floors component onto the canvas, and replacing the one that is giving you the error?

@SaeranVasanthakumar

I have tried dropping a new Split2Floors component and replacing the old one and now it does work. Thank you very much!