1. The simulation has failed because of this fatal error: ** Fatal ** Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination

I have Honeybee 0.65 , openstudio 3.0.01 and E+ 9.3…

Everytime I run E+ or Openstudio simulations I get errors.

for E+ Compononent I get

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** [ShadowCalculation][ShadowCalculation 1][shading_calculation_method] - “AverageOverDaysInFrequency” - Failed to match against any enum values.

2. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** [ShadowCalculation][ShadowCalculation 1][shading_calculation_update_frequency_method] - “30” - Failed to match against any enum values.

3. The simulation has failed because of this fatal error:
    ** Fatal ** Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.

For OS Component
[Error: 1. Solution exception:The type initializer for ‘OpenStudio.OpenStudioModelCorePINVOKE’ threw an exception]

I tried to downgrade my E+ to 8 versions still no luck, did anyone face similar issues?

A

1 Like

I have faced the same issue, is there anyone can help

The latest version of Legacy Honeybee is 0.0.66. So you should use that unless you want to go back to OpenStudio 2.5.

Also, I would recommend using OpenStudio 2.9.1 for Legacy Honeybee 0.0.66 and not OpenStudio 3.0.

2 Likes

Hello, it is my first simulation try following a tutorial video and when I run the energy plus simulation I get an error:

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** [ShadowCalculation][ShadowCalculation 1][shading_calculation_method] - “AverageOverDaysInFrequency” - Failed to match against any enum values.
  2. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** [ShadowCalculation][ShadowCalculation 1][shading_calculation_update_frequency_method] - “30” - Failed to match against any enum values.
  3. The simulation has failed because of this fatal error:
    ** Fatal ** Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.

The whole comment on panel is:
{0;0}
0. Current document units is in Meters

1. Conversion to Meters will be applied = 1.000
  2. Current document units is in Meters
  3. Conversion to Meters will be applied = 1.000
  4. [1 of 8] Writing simulation parameters…
  5. [2 of 8] No context surfaces…
  6. [3 of 8] Writing geometry…
  7. [4 of 8] Writing Electric Load Center - Generator specifications …
  8. [5 of 8] Writing materials and constructions…
  9. [6 of 8] Writing schedules…
  10. [7 of 8] Writing loads and ideal air system…
  11. [8 of 8] Writing outputs…

12. … idf file is successfully written to : c:\ladybug\unnamed\EnergyPlus\unnamed.idf
  13. Analysis is running!..

Done! Read below for errors and warnings:

1. Program Version,EnergyPlus, Version 9.4.0-998c4b761e, YMD=2021.01.11 22:33,
  2. ** Severe ** [ShadowCalculation][ShadowCalculation 1][shading_calculation_method] - “AverageOverDaysInFrequency” - Failed to match against any enum values.
  3. ** Severe ** [ShadowCalculation][ShadowCalculation 1][shading_calculation_update_frequency_method] - “30” - Failed to match against any enum values.
  4. ** Warning ** Version: in IDF=“9.0.0” not the same as expected=“9.4”
  5. ** Fatal ** Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.
  6. …Summary of Errors that led to program termination:
  7. … Reference severe error count=2
  8. … Last severe error=[ShadowCalculation][ShadowCalculation 1][shading_calculation_update_frequency_method] - “30” - Failed to match against any enum values.
  9. ************* Warning: Node connection errors not checked - most system input has not been read (see previous warning).
  10. ************* Fatal error – final processing. Program exited before simulations began. See previous error messages.
  11. ************* EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
  12. ************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
  13. ************* EnergyPlus Terminated–Fatal Error Detected. 1 Warning; 2 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 0.31sec

what should I do please?

Use a compatible version of OpenStudio, @souel

Hello !

It is my first simulation in HB, and I get the same error:

Solution exception: ** Fatal ** Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.

I use Ladybug Tools 1.1.0 and Openstudio-3.0.1 (the one specified in the compatibility matrix). Did anyone face similar issues?

Thanks in advance

Dear Chris,
I have the same error and my honeybee version is 0.0.64, Should I install OpenStudio 2.5.?

What is the solution?

I am also getting similar error

1. Solution exception: ** Fatal ** Program terminated for reasons listed (InitConductionTransferFunctions)

what is the solution please?