3D Wind study + Thermal Chimney

Hello,

I am Valentin Henin, student at the Politecnico di Milano, currently working on my thesis. One of our objectives is to maximize the natural ventilation, so I’m trying to create a grasshopper file to do this study, considering our building shape (the code is prepared to give us the possibility to adjust shape and opening as we want).

For the moment, I have created a code (based on @mostapha work) that gives a good idea of what I want, but there is still some mistakes and things that I haven’t understood. The following picture will give you an idea of the result.

Before to go further, I have to say that I am a beginner with grasshopper (I have been working on it for only 1 month, but I keep working on it to improve myself), and I have never worked with EnergyPlus (that could be useful for my latest question I guess). I also have some difficulties with Paraview/OpenFOAM, to understand how to use it properly. If you have any advice or comment on points that I have listed below, I will be grateful to receive it.

Now that the presentation is done, let’s jump in the work. I’ll present you my issues with numbers; in case you would like to answer a particular question.

1) This is my main question. The actual code gives me a good approach, but do not consider the effect of thermal chimney. Do you know a plug-in that could help me to study it, or if you have an example it could be even better! I could not find it on the web.

2) The grid has a strange position (lower spacings not centered on my building). I think it is just a little parametric issue, but I could not find it.

3) As you can see, there is a gigantic column with many links. It is to create the “3D grid” but I think it would be cleaner if I was using a list to create it, instead of this “manual” creation. I am working on this point right now, but if you have propositions it would appreciate it!

UPDATE: I have already changed the code to make it cleaner, as you can see in the following picture:

4) At the end of the code, the result could present some extremely big values. For the moment, I am correcting it by using an input value of 0,1 instead of the real maximum. I have found some similar issues on other forums, and if I understand it well, I have to change the range of my points (specially those close to my building), but I have not understood it well yet.

There you can find the grasshopper file: Test-V4-batiment_V2.gh (636.0 KB)
Updated file: Test-V4-batiment_V3.gh (614.4 KB)

Thank you for your help!