A problem/Ladybug_Sunlight Hours Analysis

Hello everybody,

I’m a beginner on Ladybug. I have been practising Ladybug by watching all videos on Youtube. But there is a small problem showed up. When I was setting up point for textpoints, the points which were supposed to show up on the Rhino didn’t show up and I thought It’s probably because I didn’t link sunvetors but, after I linked sunvectors to Sunlight Hours Analysis, the programme stopped working. I don’t know how to solve this one. I’m currently using 0.0.62 ver and the lastest one of grasshopper. Thanks for reading :smiley:

it says floating parameter Pt failed to collect data.

Hi Misung,

First of all a couple of information about LB components: if you see the inputs, you’ll see some underscores on the right side, left side or both side of the words.
Left underscore: you need this to run the component
Right underscore: it is optional
On the both sides means: you need this but there is a default value inside, so if you don’t connect a data, the component uses the default value as input.

To run LB sunlight hours analysis you need _geometry, _disFromBase, _sunVectors, _runIt.

Coming back to your issue, Have you set a Brep in Grasshopper? When a component or a parameter becomes orange there is a warning for you.

I suggest you also take a look at example files on Hydrashare:

https://hydrashare.github.io/hydra/index.html

Best

Antonello

Hello Antonello,

Thanks very much indeed for your kind comments.

I have set a brep in Grasshopper and linked every needed info(Geometry,gridsize,disfrombase,toggle). However, the problem is when I set a point component to testPts, it doesn’t show up in Rhino model and when I changed Toggle False to True after linking every needed components even sunvectors, Programme stopped working and stuck.

Misung,

Could you attach your *.gh file? So I can check it.

Best

Antonello

Antonello,

Thanks! I think It’s because I set up mesh not surfaces. Is it correct?

I’m not sure about it.

unnamed.gh (540 KB)

Misung,

I don’t think so, Grasshopper doesn’t let you select a brep if it is a mesh.

It seems like you have deleted breps without internalizing them.

If you connect a brep/or breps your file works fine.

Best

Antonello

Antonello,

I really appreciate your examples! Then I maybe set up too many breps which was over 40 buildings. I have figured out that if I make small numbers of buildings, It works fine. :smiley: Thank you very much

Best regrards

Minsung

I suggest to check the size of your grid. It is not about the number of breps.

-A.

Thanks very much! That was the main problem I think

Hello Advisors!!
I need help …
I have the exact same problem as above mentioned by @MisungKwon and I am also a new user.

I tried to check my testpoints and the points which were supposed to show up on the Rhino didn’t show up. After I linked sunvectors to Sunlight Hours Analysis, the programme stopped working.

All the dialogue boxes are in normal status (light grey) where I connected and set the grid size (1), geometry (brep), dis fr base (0.1) on the input side. I connected a “point” to “testpt” on the output to preview the test points but I cannot view. I linked a panel to view the test point and it states "0 ".

My rhino model is imported from sketchup file (in millimeters) and I have simplified the model and group them before assigning to brep in GH. I am not sure why I cannot view the testpoints and I cannot run it after I connect sunvectors.

I’m currently using Rhino 6 with latest version of GH, LB and HB. Sorry, I am new so forum doesn’t allow me to upload any files :frowning:

Any advice will be appreciated!!

Hello @Joey_L , as you have used mm as units the grid size you have mentioned is very small for analysis. I recommend to use meters as units ( or in mm but increase grid size like 500mm) and provide a reasonable grid size. And also recheck if all the surfaces for up orientations.

@Asisnath Thank you!! I managed to simulate after I changed my model to meters unit but i still cannot preview my test points… Is there something else I need to set?

How do I check the surfaces for up orientations? Thank you in advance!

@Joey_L if you could share your gh definition i could check and suggest changes if any.

Unfortunately, this forum does not allow me to upload file because I am a new member… Here is the link to download my GH file.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuRMkkBALTHmnjyRUrXEWYWItrhe?e=eGRlqS

@Joey_L i checked your file. The geometries were missing. You had sun vectors missing for analysis. I have modified and reattached the file. 2020-04-29_Option 05_base model.gh (492.6 KB)

Oh thanks!
Yes, I did not link up the sunvectors as previously the file will crash once I connect it…

I am still not able to see the testpoint preview so here is the link to the rhino file.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuRMkkBALTHmnj_wj9NO9xnor1PD?e=AIHxDz

it is working correctly. test points is visualised once you set the component to run.

ohhh… i thought i could preview it before i run it…
by the way… how do i check on the surface orientation? which command to use?

You can type Dir and click on the surfaces