Absorbed solar energy by glazing surface

Hi everyone,
I am trying to determine Solar Heat Gain through my custom window for every time step of specific period (I am conducting an experiment with sensors installed and I need the data to compare the results I am getting).
I have progressed so I could generate excel file for every hour for direct and diffuse solar incident that enters the window. However, I cannot seem to find any components to calculate the absorbed solar radiation by the window for every specific timesteps (as I need that value to get my total solar heat gain through the window). I was wondering if anyone can guide me through this.
SOLAR HEAT GAIN COEFFICIENT OF BIPV WINDOW.gh (140.3 KB)
I could get the absorbed sun energy by LBNL WINDOW based on sun angle, however, the WINDOW doesn’t consider diffuse light and it would be easier to have the absorbed energy per hour (not per degree angle as it is in WINDOW).
I also am comparing the results I am getting from HB for solar irradiance and from LB, there is less radiation using LB method (even when I set my sensors outside the window), I am a bit confused and was wondering if I am doing something wrong.
Thank you in advance,
Sara

1 Like

Hi @Saraesk,

When using energy plus you can get this data.

SOLAR HEAT GAIN COEFFICIENT OF BIPV WINDOW.gh (137.9 KB)

1 Like