Accelerad parameters with Honeybee_RadParameters

Hi guys,

I would like to know how it would be possible to set the -g and -ac parameters in order to calculate a scene with accelerad_rtrace.

As you can see, the additionalIP_ doesn’t seem to take into account custom parameters but functions perfectly for -lw and -lr.

I have noticed this piece of code in honeybee_honeybee component:

But when I add “g” and “ac” to the self.additionalRadPars list, it still can’t set the values that I want, leaving it to blank and causing the simulation to crash.

I’m probably missing something… but I don’t know what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Aymeric

You can use a hack like this. It’s originally designed to only set up certain radiance parameters not including g and ac. I haven’t tested this but it should work. Let me know if it doesn’t.

additionalParameters.gh (447 KB)

Thank you Mostapha!

Unfortunately I do have a strange issue when using this sript: it can’t find the error.log file.

This is the report dialog of the RunDaylightAnalysis component:

Daylight factor
The component is checking ad, as, ar and aa values. This is just to make sure that the results are accurate enough.
Good to go!
**Current working directory is set to: c:\ladybug\unnamed\DF**
Runtime error (FileNotFoundException): Le fichier ‘c:\ladybug\unnamed\DF\error.log’ est introuvable.
Traceback:
line 327, in script

I never had this problem before… and I don’t see the link between your python component and this error.

Try this one. The error was happening because there is an error but then there is no error.log file. The attached file should run fine.

Mostapha

additionalParameters_01.gh (465 KB)

This one works perfectly!

Thanks a lot Mostapha

Hi Mostapha, can you post the file again

i´m having trouble trying to use the Accelerad too.

Here it is: additionalParameters_01.gh (465.2 KB)

Hi everyone, Hi Mostapha,

I am trying the same file but I get the same error as Aymeric, is it due to the values in the green Panel?
I am excited to figure this out.