Adaptive Thermal Comfort- breakdown

Hello @SaeranVasanthakumar @AbrahamYezioro @chris,

My ongoing thesis research explores thermal comfort within a residential module, aiming to identify comfortable occupancy hours and ensure compliance with Active House standards.

The Adaptive thermal comfort module tells me the overall % of the year that my zone satisfies the setpoints which helps me a bit.
I need assistance on how to obtain the data that indicates my thermal zones are achieving one of the four credits.
This discussion speaks about it briefly, where Mauricio talks about the Tcomfort being (0.33 x Tout) + 18.8. As this is quite old, I would like to know what the Adaptive Comfort Module consider as the Temp comfort during simulation.
I would like to evaluate whether the results from Adaptive Comfort satisfy Active House Standards of my residence module.

Cheers,
Adarsh

I’m not aware of the Active House standards.
In any case the Adaptive Comfort uses either the ASHRAE 55 or EN-15251 and EN-16798 standards definitions. For further details you should look into them.

In LBT one of the outputs of the ADC is the operative temperature you mention above (or the image mentions). I believe you can write a script that takes that and the Outdoor temperatures to see if if complies or not (not that i tried, but seems feasible).

The link you mentioned is from the old GH forum. The link, with the images is this.
The methodologies back then and now, are not much different as for the sources.
Not sure this is going to help you, but hope so.
-A.

1 Like

Thank you Abraham.

I realised that the netural_offset input talks about the categories that I require and I can play around with the input to attain the credits I’m currently seeking.

Cheers,
Adarsh

1 Like