Add glazing to zone

hi everyone … I’m trying to add a custom glazing to my zone but the component (HB_addHBGlz) doesn’t show the windows. Do you have any suggestions for it?
Best

Can you please share a relevant part of your file?

hi @devang
thank you for your reply … yeah sure… this is it
970711 facade parametric algorithm.gh (681.5 KB)

I’ve highlighted the component with red color in the algorithm… I hope you can fine a solution for it…

Best

I believe it work fine at my end. Did you check that your rhino unit is in meters and tolerance is 0.01. That’s what my settings are anyway.

hi @devang
I’ve corrected the rhino unit and tolerance but there are some problems again.
first it shows the room like this:

second the honeybee zone in an open brep instead of closed.
third: the addglazing component shows just one window !!!

I really don’t understand the problem…
If there are any solutions I really want to know…
thanks a lot

Since I am not able to re-create the error at my end, I am unable to help. Please carefully check if the child surfaces are co-planar to the host walls. Increasing the tolerance may help as well.

It understood the error now!! I didn’t flatten window component and that’s why it got the error…
thank you so much @devang
Best

Hi
I’m having exactly the same problem. I’ve made this test model which you can download below. It is a very simple model to only test adding custom glazing as demonstrated in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6LFS6cwc0) by @chris. I follow it step by step, but it doesn’t work. I changed the Rhino units as well, but no avail…
download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WBHH0iowzNCjggPdIAMAUWB9thudAoDU

Thanks for the information. It is useful.

Hi everyone

I’m doing a study on thermal comfort for a building (utilizing rhino grasshopper, HB+LB) although I’m facing some errors I’ve been unable to fix.

1. I am dealing with an uneven terrain and rhino assumes everything below z=0 is underground and vice-versa, and I don’t know how to change that. This then creates complications since I’m using glazing by ratio and the program creates windows in a wall that is supposed to be underground.
  2. On some of the facades I had to create the glazing area manually using addHBGlz component to add custom glazing surfaces to HBZones but when I decompose by type only the windows created by ratio are recognized.
  3. Once again when decomposing by type some exterior walls are recognized as interior walls. Is there any automated fix or do I have to manually change that?

I’m new to this software and this is my first project with it. Thanks in advance.