Adding Blinds to a Model Using Honeybee_EPWindowShades

Hello All,

I am trying to add blinds to my model to generate the energy consumption in two scenarios: (1) blinds open, and (2) blinds closed. I am using the schedules Always On for the scenario 1 and Always Off to scenario 2 (these are controlled by a basic python script). For some reason, I cannot generate the HBObjWShades output. I have tried multiple settings to solve the issue without any success. I need the blinds to cover all window.

Thanks for the assistance in advance,

Best,

Joao P. Carneiro

EnergyAnalysisMultipleZones2.gh (602 KB)

Joao,

Update your components to the latest version (see attached).

Also, E+ can’t generate a blinds material for a shade that is deeper than 1 meter. For these cases, you should just take the shadeBreps, plug them into a HBContext component.

-Chris

EnergyAnalysisMultipleZones2_CWM.gh (606 KB)

Thanks Chris for the help.

Earlier today, I used the update honeybee and update ladybug components. But I am assuming that it did not change the components on my canvas. I always thought that these components automatically changed the components used. Should I replace one by one every time that I update? I have set both inputs to true.

Best,

Joao

The update component should do that for you. Sometimes some components need to be reinserted, when the number of input/output items change.

-A.

Thanks Guys