Adding Dynaic Shade in SDA Calculation

Hi everybody,
and thanks again for your attention and support.
I am trying to figure out if it is possible to use Ladybug tools to calculate LEED daylighting option 1.
For that pourpose, as it is clearly stated when running SDA calculation, I have to add dynamic blinds.
Can I actually do it in Ladybug?
Could you share some source where I can check how to do?
Thanks
Francesco

Hi @FrancescoEmanuele,

I recommend having a look at this

2 Likes

Have you figured out how to do it? I have the same question…

1 Like

Ciao Stephanie,
As far as I understood, it is possible not to perform LEED Daylight simulations but I did not have the time yet to go through the link above posted by @charlie.brooker.
Please let me know if you manage to, I will do the same if I have any update.

You can absolutely run LEED Daylight Option 1 using the free Pollination Grasshopper Plugin with Ladybug Tools to set up your model. In addition to the helpful link that @charlie.brooker posted, you can see that we mention this capability here in the most recent Ladybug Tools 1.7 release notes.

1 Like

Thank you very much Chris, I will go through it as soon as I can :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Hi,
I managed to run one LEED Option 1 Simulation, using the example file at the link you shared.
I have two questions for you.
1.Following the example, I used the automated aperture grouping tool and I run the simulation.
I do not understand which shading coefficient is applied to windows when shade is on, I mean, is it shading proportionally applied to aperture group according to hourly need, for instance aperture group 1 shade 10% at 10am, 15% at 11am, and so on, or it is only applied with on-off approach, aperture group 1 shading 100% at 10am, 100% at 11am and so on.
Shading type could affect ASE and SDA how is that simulated ?
2. I runned one simulation on pollination cloud, and the others locally because I did not have hours available, if I take the Application Resource Subscription can I run as many simulations as I want on cloud? if you can please explain that it is not clear from the site.

Thanks in advance for your support and availability,
Francesco