I’'m trying to add a triangle extension to the façade as you can see in the attached picture. I want to change the angle α while keeping the length of the (A) side fix but (B) side can change to accommodate the changes in the angle α. I don’t know how to do that so I would be really thankful if you can help me.
Thanks in advance.
This is not a Ladybug Tools specific question and you might have a better chance to get a reply if you post it to Mcneel forum:
Here is how you can do it:
- Explode window face and find the top edge.
- Use EvaluateFace component to find the normal vector of your face.
- Rotate the normal vector by the angle that you need and use the edge as the axis for rotation.
- Move the edge for a distance of
Aand in the direction of vector that is created in step 3.
- Loft original edge with the moved one. Don’t forget to flatten the input.