Adding ventilation schedules breaks E+ when using certain HVAC types

Hi all,

I think i stumbled into a bug/error that can be fixed. The exportToOpenStudio module breaks and outputs the following errors when I input a ventilation schedule under certain HVAC system types:

1. Solution exception:‘AirTerminalSingleDuctVAVNoReheat’ object has no attribute ‘setControlForOutdoorAir’

or I get this error:

1. Solution exception:‘AirTerminalSingleDuctParallelPIUReheat’ object has no attribute ‘setZoneMinimumAirFlowMethod’

It appears these errors are caused by inputting a ventilation schedule into the HB_setEPZoneSchedules component while using HVAC types 6, 8, 11, and 13-18. If I remove the ventilation schedule, everything works fine. The schedule works for other HVAC types not listed above. My ventilation schedule is a fractional schedule created using the AnnualSchedule component. I have saved it as an Eplus object prior to running the calcs. I assume the issue lies with the HVAC type mismatch, not the schedule itself because everything works for some HVAC types.

If this is the case, is it possible to have the components automatically ignore ventilation schedules for HVAC types that should not have one? A warning would be useful as well. I was able to solve the problem by using a stream filter to only add the schedule if certain HVAC types were chosen.

I invited @chris to this topic so he can really ‘reply’ to the topic but I just wanted to say it’s exciting to see that you started getting into the HVAC modeling details. Cheers.

@LelandCurtis and @mostapha ,

Sorry that I missed seeing this a year ago and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I noticed that, over the past year, we put in fixes for systems 13-18 so these were no long an issue but systems 6 and 8 still had problems so I just implemented a fix for them:

Thanks again and I hope that I am never this late in responding to a post in the future!