Annual Daylight Analysis, Spatial Daylight Autonomy

annual-metrics
sda
annual-daylight
daylight

Hi everyone! I’m an Italian university student and I’m working on my graduation thesis. The first part consists in reproducing with Honeybee and Ladybug some daylight simulation another student did with Diva. I can obtain all the results even if not all of them are the same as the reference. The main problem is sDA300 50%, which with Diva was 63,3% and I get 100%. (I also changed RADparameters to make them equal to the ones used in Diva)

My teacher suggested me to find an example of a Honeybee sDA simulation to reproduce to see if i get the same results. This could help to see if the results the other student got are not accurate. Is there an example with results I can use for this?

And another question is: with Diva is possible to visualize sDA values on a grid (like DF, DLA, UDI), is it somehow possible to obtain it even with Honeybee and Ladybug?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

Lisa

Hi,

Hope this works.

SDa.gh (537 KB)

Thank you so much, this is very helpful!! Can I ask you the value of sDA you got with this simulation?

Thanks again,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I get 60% points receiving at least 300lux for at least 50% occupied hours.

I got the same results!! I tried even with my geometry and it worked so thank you very much! Have a good day!

Sure! Glad it worked.

Devang, May I ask what you python component was here?

Hi - you can find the original conversation with downloadable gh file here:

Thanks @wim for sharing the link.

Thank you as well for sharing!

Hi Lisa,

I’m not sure about this script but if you’re doing an sDA for LEEDv4 then take care that DA and sDA are not the same.

The sDA is the same as a DA that uses a special schedule for the glare controls. If this is not setup then your sDA is wrong (and actually just a DA)
No matter how the output of @mostapha s component is described :slight_smile: