Annual Daylight CreateOctree Error

Hello,

i’ve tried to resolve a problem without luck the past few days, regarding the Annual Daylight component. I suspect the error from the model size, though i’ve run my script succesfully on bigger models… I recieve the below report form the component:

Runtime error (PythonException): 
The recipe failed to run with the following error(s):

Execution Summary
Scheduled 15 tasks of which:
* 6 ran successfully:
    - 1 CreateRadFolder(...)
    - 1 CreateSkyDome(...)
    - 1 CreateTotalSky(...)
    - 1 GenerateSunpath(...)
    - 1 ParseSunUpHours(...)
* 1 failed:
    - 1 CreateOctree(...)
* 8 were left pending, among these:
    * 1 were missing external dependencies:
        - 1 PrepareFolderAnnualDaylight(...)
    * 1 had failed dependencies:
        - 1 _AnnualDaylightPrepareFolder_28ff6c38Orchestrator(...)
    * 5 had missing dependencies:
        - 1 AnnualDaylightRaytracing(...)
        - 1 LetAnnualDaylightFly(...)
        - 1 PostProcessAnnualDaylight(...)
        - 1 RestructureResults(...)
        - 1 _Main_28ff6c38Orchestrator(...)
    * 1 was not granted run permission by the scheduler:
        - 1 PrepareFolderAnnualDaylight(...)

This progress looks :( because there were failed tasks

Traceback:
  line 139, in script

And the following Error from the log:

2024-04-11 14:59:25 ERROR: [pid 26404] Worker Worker(salt=7518848746, workers=4, host=EA-V-2023-002, username=lhf, pid=23544) failed    CreateOctree(_input_params={"cpu_count": 4, "grid_filter": "*", "min_sensor_count": 200, "model": "C:/Users/lhf/Desktop/20240410_Dagslys_303687_B Model/04 Simuleringsresultat - Data/annual_daylight/modeltest.hbjson", "north": 0.0, "params_folder": "__params", "simulation_folder": "C:/Users/lhf/Desktop/20240410_Dagslys_303687_B Model/04 Simuleringsresultat - Data/annual_daylight", "wea": "C:/Users/lhf/Desktop/20240410_Dagslys_303687_B Model/04 Simuleringsresultat - Data/annual_daylight/SJAELSMARK_0_8759.wea"})
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\lhf\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\luigi\worker.py", line 203, in run
    new_deps = self._run_get_new_deps()
  File "C:\Users\lhf\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\luigi\worker.py", line 138, in _run_get_new_deps
    task_gen = self.task.run()
  File "C:\Users\lhf\ladybug_tools\python\lib\site-packages\queenbee_local\__init__.py", line 352, in run
    msg = line.decode('utf-8').strip()
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe5 in position 51: invalid continuation byte

The model honeybee model is an extract from revit through Rhino.inside.revit components. Though! this still works on other and bigger models.

My suspesion about the size of the model comes from if i delete two building parts (could be every oone of them, so no specific error in one building) i’m able to succesfully run the command.

Anyone who has a clue to this?

Hi @LasseF, welcome to the forum.

Are you able to share the model? You can share it in a private message here, or attach it in an email: mikkel@ladybug.tools.

1 Like

I’ve sent you a mail. thank you.

As clarification, i do not have it in as a Rhino file, due to Rhino.inside.revit

Hope i doesn’t make it impossible. I’ve sent you the revit an grasshopper script.

1 Like