Annual Daylight Results Analysis

Hello,

I am a bit confused with the Annual Daylight results. I can’t see anywhere the units of measure used for each of the results.

Also, for the UDI result, is it inverted? The areas near the windows have lower value than the areas in the center of the room.

Hi @Barbarur, you can give the threshold (‘unit of measure’) for the UDI analysis within the HB Annual Daylight component itself or via the HB Annual Daylight Metrics component.

As far as the results are concerned, I believe you are achieving low UDI near the south, east and west windows due to the lux levels crossing beyond the max threshold (eg >2000 lux for 100-2000lux UDI range). You can see a similar trend in the example below also.

1 Like

Hello @maheshjayayachander ,

Thank you for your quick answer.

About the “Unit of measure” I meant; I assume the results are the %? While the threshold/Min/Max are un Lux? Just as confirmation, as I couldn’t find it written anywhere.

Regarding the UDI results. Yes, you were right. It’s because the the result are beyond the threshold. Just found it a bit missleading, as we usually want to find the “dark” places that needs additional light support.

@Barbarur , Yes the unit of measure for Useful Daylight Autonomy will be in % only.
Basically, UDI is the percentage of area that falls under the threshold for at least 50% (can vary) of the time.
For example, 75% UDI 100-2000Lux 50% time means that 75% of your analysis area consists of illuminance within the range of 100 to 2000 lux for at least 50% of the time.

2 Likes