Basic daylight simulation with V1.3.0

Hello,

I have the newest version (1.3.0) and have read the release details thankyou!!

Just trying to set up a basic daylight simulation, if anyone is able to help that would be amazing, as I know heaps of people are just looking for this basic simulation.

The script looks fine, until I run the simulation and the output has no data as shown:

When I try to trouble shoot and see what is going on using the wireframe it appears to be an issue with the window? But I am not sure how to solve this?

Daylight from facade inside.gh (1.0 MB)

thanks!

Hi @markbrit , you need to give inputs in Meters if your grasshopper file is in Meters (also best to work with meters for ladybug).
The input depth given for the border shades component is 300m , I think you meant to give 0.3m.
And that is why you see such a huge projection outside the window.

Change it and you are good to go.

Also, don’t use 0 for the offset distance from the floor. That makes it very likely that the sensors end up marginally below the floor. I get results when I change this to 1:

I also agree with @maheshjayayachander that it looks like you set the depth to something that’s not appropriate for your units system. You can work in any of the Rhino model unit systems below but the values that you plug into the components have to be consistent with these Rhino model units:

• Meters
  • Millimeters
  • Centimeters
  • Feet
  • Inches