BCL HVAC components for Ironbug

Hello @MingboPeng:

I am modeling a VRF system for an office building in Iron bug and I was wondering. Is it is possible to use specific Outdoor and Indoor units downloaded from the BCL components library, and somehow load them directly in the ironbug components? or if there is a way to replace all of them directly in the OpenStudio app afterwards?.

Best
Arturo

Hi @LUISARTUROREYESVALEN I am not sure which component you downloaded. but if you could find out all parameters (such as COP, performance curves, temperatures, schedules, etc) for each component, then you can set them up with the same parameters directly via “Obj_Param”.

Mingbo

Hi @MingboPeng, I am using LG outdoor and Indoor VRF units. They do come with all the parameters defined. I am just finding the process a bit daunting since I´m no expert in AC. So I wanted to see if it was possible to bring the component into Grasshopper to avoid the data input step.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.
Best
Arturo

@LUISARTUROREYESVALEN
I am working on the importing osm as library back to GH.
please stay tuned.

-Mingbo

1 Like

That’s great @MingboPeng. You are a life saver!

Best
Arturo

Hello @MingboPeng,

Just wanted to check back on this request. Have you been able to have a look at it?.

Thanks for the great work anyway!.

Best
Arturo

Hi @LUISARTUROREYESVALEN,

Yes, I have done some tests for loading the existing VRF properties including performance curves into GH. It is ~70% done, and it might be buggy at this point. But feel free to test it out.

Here is an example:
(you should be able to use this example file with version 0.0.13: https://github.com/MingboPeng/Ironbug/releases)

LoadOsmObject.gh (13.3 KB)

Source OSM:

Saved OSM:

Please let me know if you any questions,
-Mingbo

2 Likes

Brilliant @MingboPeng.

I´ll give it a try. Thanks a lot!

Best
Arturo

Hi Mingbo, this is super helpful thanks! It seems like it’s mostly working but it’s not importing the availability schedule. I tried to add it manually in OpenStudio but when I click on the VRF terminal unit I imported OpenStudio just crashes. Any suggestions? Thanks!