Benefit matrix temperature input error

The temperature parameter of my Benefitmatrix component is displaying “data collection must contain one valuable”. I was under the impression that the dry bulb temperature output from the ImportEPW component should provide the necessary data for this analysis. My main goal is to do an Incident radiation analysis and the temperature input is the only one that is failing to collect data from my source EPW file. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi @szeki02, Welcome to the forum! You should share more information here for others to be able to help you. See here for best practices: Ladybug Tools Forum Guidelines - faq - Ladybug Tools | Forum

Hello @mostapha, thank you for the warm welcome. I have included a screenshot off the issue. I’m just not sure what output I should be connecting to the _temperature input for it to collect data properly. Thank you for the help in advance!

Disconnect the _minute_ input. The hoys input is failing to take not integer values.
@chris : is this a bug?
-A.

3 Likes

That seemed to solve the problem, thank you very much!!

Thanks @AbrahamYezioro ,

It’s not really something that I would consider a bug, though I realize why it feels that way. The _minute_ input is made to help in the case that you have a data collection at a sub-hourly timestep. Like what you would get if you requested E+ outputs at the simulation timestep or you use the LB Convert to Timestep component to interpolate the values of an hourly data collection into a sub-hourly collection.

So you could actually input data collections of sub-hourly radiation values to the Benefit Matrix component and use the _minute_ input to select out just one timestep from these data collections. This comes in handy if you’re studying the exact moment of peak solar radiation on the cooling design day, for example. I realize that this has a side effect of confusing people who don’t know all of the mechanics of data collections but, if you just steer clear of using the _minute_ input unless you’re certain of what you’re doing, you should be able to avoid this side effect.

2 Likes