BUG - Honey can't fly when Rhino is opened through Revit's add-in

Hi every one !

I am having trouble with the Honeybee component since the latest updates.
The honeybee can’t fly when I open Rhino + grasshopper through the Revit Add-in.
The rest seems to work great (I can manipulate Revit’s components,…) and the ladybug compopnent also works. But not the honey bee one.
However, the honeybee can fly if I open Rhino and grasshopper without going through Revit.

Here is the message error that I get:

1. Runtime error (ArgumentTypeException): expected str, got bytes

Traceback:
line 18, in floatconstants, “C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\json\decoder.py”
line 22, in , “C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\json\decoder.py”
line 108, in , "C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\json_init
.py"
line 75, in script

Would you have any idea where could that come from?
I updated ladybug (0.0.69), honeybee (0.0.66), Openstudio (3.0.1) and downloaded the lastet GHPython (0.6.0.3).
I use Rhino 7.0.20245.13385, 9/1/2020, Revit 2019, grasshopper 1.0.0007.

Thank you very much for your guidance, and keep up the great work !
Best
Loic

This is IronPython conflict issue comes with Dynamo in Revit 2019 when using RhinoInside. You can either disable the the Dynamo, or use newer Revit like 2020, 2021.

HI MingboPeng,
Thank you very much you nailed it !
I renamed the Dynamo folder to disable it and it worked perfectly with Revit 2019.

How did you know this IronPython error is linked with Dynamo? Is it a known issue?

Thanks again for your help, have a great week.

Loïc

McNeel found this issue and shared with us last week. It was kinda funny that one needs to disable Dynamo in order to use Grasshopper in Revit.

1 Like

I see, yes pretty surprising indeed.
Thank you for the feedback.