Butterfly Heat transfer recipe

Hello everyone. I am trying to understand the heat transfer recipe to study an office space ventilation due to buoyancy. I went through the atrium space example file using heat transfer. I have some questions regarding this.

1. The temperature input in heat transfer component, is it the base temperature we assume inside each zone or surface?
  2. Can natural ventilation be done for indoors using heat transfer recipe (including both buoyancy and turbulence effect) ?
    3.Shall laminar flow be considered while considering heat transfer recipe?
    Please help me out to carry on my research.
    Thanking you.
    Asis

Anyone can help me out please?

Hello @Asisnath

Apologies for the late reply!

The temperature input the component should be close to your expected average temperature in the model. I usually put exactly the average of my surfaces + air temperature. It’s not a critical input, as the model will try and find the actual temperature but it helps convergence to keep it away from extremes.

As for buoyancy and turbulence you can indeed do it, the heat transfer recipe handles both!

Kind regards,
Theodore.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @TheodorosGalanos

@TheodorosGalanos one last question i want to ask. Will it be accurate if I go with a heat transfer recipe with wind tunnel setup?

hi @Asisnath

It depends on what you are trying to test. Could you tell us a bit more about the physics that you have in mind?

Hello oliver. I am trying to understand the natural ventilation due to buoyancy and pressure.

@Asisnath I would only do that if there were specific, and quite extreme, heat sources in the urban area you are simulating which would affect air movement in your area of interest.

I personally never had reason to do it, so it really depends on your scope.

Kind regards,
Theodore.