Hi everyone- I am following Theodore Galanos’ lecture series (https://vimeo.com/showcase/7101158) to test out Butterfly and wind modeling. I was able to get results from dummy boxes following his tutorial. However, I am getting an error when I include ‘real’ buildings that I want to test.
dummy box geometry
real geometry, from side, U variable
As you can see, it seems like there is something blocking or stopping the general wind direction. Between the two simulations, I only increased the cell size from 4 to 6 (just to quickly verify that the ‘real’ bldg. geometry also works). Unlike the dummy example, These buildings are not on the same cplane but they are planar and closed. Otherwise,
- building geometry has been converted to meters; shortest building is 7m tall
- moved the building geo to be closer to World 0,0 – in case that made a difference
- “end time” for controlDict is limited to 500 (following the tutorial, also to quickly see result)
- checked that buildings were waterproof
- buildings are ‘wall’ boundaries for the outdoor windsim, following the tutorial
- verified that I don’t have extra geometry at the beginning of the wind tunnel
Any idea on what’s ‘stopping’ the wind from blowing further? Please help me troubleshoot. Thank you so much in advance.