Butterfly wind analysis for built environment

Hi,

I tried to conduct wind analysis for an area with about 100 buildings (average 20m height), but the meshing seems failed. There are my questions:

1. Is that possible to run the wind analysis for around 100 buildings?
  2. Is there any possible way to reduce the time for meshing the model?

Best regards,
HC

Hey, I hope my answer will help you

There is no doubt that this can be done!

The number of grids and the speed at which they are generated depend on the accuracy with which you want the buildings to be analyzed.You can increase your computing speed by reducing the size of the XYZ grid and wind tunnel.

Zhengrong

1 Like

Hi @ZhengrongTao

Thanks. I am building up the model and going to test it tomorrow. Will get back here and let you know the result.

HC

hi @ZhengrongTao,

I tried to mesh the buildings but it doesn’t work, is that related to the size of the model or the grasshopper setup?

Thanks,
HC

To my surprise, I was able to run this case.It is recommended that you review your case again. The best way is to change the name of the wind tunnel,Windows Err is a very common error report, and it doesn’t necessarily mean there’s something wrong with your process.

Zhengrong

Hi @ZhengrongTao

I just tried to create another model for testing the gh definition but it also failed. I am just wondering if my computer cannot afford the workloads or there is sth wrong in the setup. (There are around 80 buildings in the new testing model.) Do you have any idea?

Thank you in advance,
HC