Can you tell me what went wrong

* There is a problem in the simulation of energy consumption

• What is the meaning of the problem displayed by the system that I do not understand
  • If anyone knows, please let me know.I would be most grateful :joy:

The problems shown are as follows

1. Solution exception:‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character ‘\u94F6’ in position 396: ordinal not in range(128)

It sound to me, that you have the character “银” somewhere (“silver”?), possibly in a file path or a name (zone, material, construction, etc.)?

Don’t use special characters for the simulation, EnergyPlus and other software are really sensitive to non-ASCII characters. In other words, limit yourself to the English alphabet, use these characters for the visualization legends only.

Edit:
I realised you have another screenshot as well, this could be the problem:

If you have other occurancies, rename those too.

I really appreciate your help

• I’ve changed it
  • But there’s still a problem with the display but the simulation has data output
  1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** Problem in interior solar distribution calculation (CHKBKS)
  2. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** DetermineShadowingCombinations: There are 6 surfaces which are casting surfaces and are non-convex.

• What’s the cause of the problem?

I think it is related to this:

The following quotes are from Chris’s answer:

This error is not actually that severe in terms of the consequences for energy use. Your overall energy use values that you get out of the simulation should still be pretty accurate. However, if you are looking at surface temperatures or sub-zone results, these values will likely not be accurate.

So it depends on what you are trying to achieve. You likely have “concave” zones in your model:

The error results from the fact that you have zone geometry that is concave (or L-shaped to put it more simply) and this means that Energy Plus’s simplified algorithm for ray tracing sun rays from the windows into the zone is not working so well (since some of the rays intersect more than one wall of your zone).

To solve it:

So, to solve the problem, you can either not look at surface results, run the simulation without interior reflections, or break up your L-shaped zone into two zones with an air wall between them.

Does this help?

get it ,thank you very much