We are excited to announce the participation of Ladybug Tools to Hacktoberfest 2019 as an open source project!
What is Hacktoberfest?
Hacktoberfest is a celebration of Open Source that lasts throughout the month of October. To encourage contributions Digital Ocean sends swag to any person who makes 4 pull requests to any open source project on Github between October 1st and 31st inclusive. This event facilitates a growing movement to encourage and contribute to open-source software.
In addition to the Hacktoberfest swag, LadybugTools is offering a sticker if you contribute 1 or more Pull Requests to solve one of our
hacktoberfest labelled issues. We will get in touch with hacktoberfest contributors through their PRs to manage swag delivery
Who is this for?
Well, pretty much everyone. Old, new and pro coders are all welcome to tackle issues of varying levels of difficulty with help from the core contributors.
• If you use Ladybug Tools and want to contribute back somehow: this is your chance!
• If you want to better understand the underlying code within your favorite plugin: it’s time to dive in!
• If you want to hone your Python coding skills by joining a group of friendly developers: get involved!
How do I get involved?
- Sign up on the official Hacktoberfest website.
- Check out the Ladybug Tools Hacktoberfest issue board to find some stuff to fix
- Submit a Pull Request that references the issues you are proposing to fix to receive a Ladybug Tools sticker
- Submit 4 or more Pull Requests to receive a sweet Hacktoberfest T-shirt from DigitalOcean
Are you a first time contributor to Open Source?
Don’t be a stranger
We want to hear how your Hacktoberfest journey is going, so make sure to use the
#Hacktoberfest hashtag and, if you’re working with Ladybug Tools this month, use
#ladybugtools. We will be re-sharing our favorites! You can also keep in touch by commenting on this post with any questions you might have.