Centering geometry for WUFI Passive

Hi @edpmay -

Is there a way to set the center point of the XML file to something different than 0,0,0 to center the geometry when importing into WUFI Passive?.

I am working on a project with a series of townhomes. I’d like to use a single Rhino site file to set up .xml files for each building within HB-PH without having to move the geometry around to export each file and bring it in centered in WUFI.

Thank you! Molly

Hi @molly no, I did not make a WUFI xml specific tool for that case yet, but I certain can add that if it would be helpful? I think that maybe the existing HB tools could accomplish that as well though? If you try using the HB ‘Move’ tool,

I think you could relocated the HB geometry to the Rhino 0,0,0 and then export to WUFI-XML? I’ve attached an example to show how that might work.

Depending on how you want the output (separate files vs. separate ‘cases’ in a single file) you can then put the rooms back together after the HB-Move.

best
@edpmay

move_example.gh (42.8 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing out that functionality, @edpmay : I was able to use the ‘HB Move’ component as you mentioned to set up each separate bldg to auto-center. Really appreciate you creating the example file!

Best
Molly