Change reference path of rpict, rtrace and others

I’m using honeybee installed from pollination 1.5.

Is there a way to change the refered path of rpict, rtrace in radiance to be used in honeybee? In a flexible way?

(The reason is that I’m attempting to replace these files with the accelerad version and make comparisons)

Or do I have to mannually replace the files?

Hi @Koziu233 ,

We set up LBT honeybee such that, if you manually remove the Radiance that comes with the pollination installer (in Program Files/ladybug_tools), it will fall back on whatever system Radiance it finds, which can be accelerad. There are also ways to change the Radiance path used by the ladybug_tools installation from command line using:

honeybee-radiance set-config radiance-path

You can see the docs for the command here:
https://www.ladybug.tools/honeybee-radiance/docs/cli/setconfig.html

Using the CLI command will give you more control, particularly if you have several copies of Radiance/Accelerad installed on your system.

2 Likes

Hi chris,

Thank you for your introduction, this works very well. I didn’t know about this method before.

Just wanna make sure I’m not abusing this.
Everytime to get or set the radiance config, access cmd, and
cd C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\Scripts> (Or add this to path, but I guess I would not)
Then prepare 2 directories for radiance (or just different bin and lib folders) to switch?

This is certainly more elegant than what I was doing (replacing the folders), thanks!

1 Like