Changing north in CIE sky

Hey guys,

Reviving the discussion again after a while. I tried changing the north in the CIE Standard Sky component but it doesn’t seem to have any effect at all! Did anyone else also experience this?

Best,
Hamza

Can you check the sky file and see if xform is added to the sky file?

Thanks for replying so fast Mostapha!

No, the sky file does not have xform. (Please see attached)

CIE_sunnyWSun_41.379804_2.124007_8_3_at_15.sky (401 Bytes)
groundSky.rad (174 Bytes)

This looks like a bug. I have more than what I can get done for the day but I will try to take a closer look as soon as I can.

Sure. I understand. Thanks for looking into this. In the meantime I’ll just rotate my model…

Dear all,

I have got a question about the same component (CIESky) Hamza mentioned before.
I’m using the HB+ sample file ‘00_point_in_time_gridbased’ and I’m trying to change the sky type, but somehow the results are not much different when I change the skytype. And whether I choose a different skytype or not, it gaves me a ‘+s’, ‘CIE sunnyWSun’ sky.

Anyone know what went wrong here or what I should change?

Thank you in advance,
Cindy

Sorry that it took me so long to fix this one. It was because I was passing the arguments incorrectly. This is now fixed.

Update Honeybee[+] and replace the component/update the file and let me know if you still see the issue.

1 Like

Dear @mostapha
I am testing Honeybee on Dynamo and I noticed the same problem mentioned above for the component CIE Standard Sky.
Whatever is the input sky _type, the output is always a sunnywsun sky.
CIEstandardsky bug.dyn (6.6 KB)

Any chance to fix this?
Thank you,
Alberto