CIE Sky Component for Grid Based Analysis

Hello Honeybee Experts,

This is my first time posting here in the community.

I am working on a daylighting project for it to qualify for a LEED IEQ Credit that requires occupied areas to have daylight illuminance levels to remain within a specific range in a clear sky condition on September 21st at 9 AM and 3 PM. I am doing a grid-based simulation and I think the CIE Sky component can help me in this regards since I just need a clear sky condition for my calcs in lieu of working from a weather file.

My problem is, and this might be something really silly and some obvious little thing that my myopic, inexperienced vision is totally missing, I cannot seem to make sense of the output of the CIE sky component and hence don’t know where to feed this sky file into. I know working with a climate based sky, we feed the generated sky file from the path to the Grid Based Analysis Recipe which in turn goes into the Run Daylight Analysis component. But how does it work for a CIE sky component? PFA a screenshot of the error.

Any kind of help will be immensely appreciated. I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question or something that has already been answered before. Thank you so much for your time.

You’re using the sky component from honeybee[+]. Replace it with the one from honeybee.

2 Likes

yep that worked! I knew it had to be something simple…Thank you so much.