Combination of daylight simulation and artificial light

Hello to the Ladybug community
I have a few questions about the combination of daylight simulation and artificial light.

• In general, according to the simulation algorithm, be logical and accurate? Due to the uneven pattern of light distribution.And finally, can its outputs be trusted?

• And can such a simulation be done for the whole year? (illuminance only)
    thanks in advance

algorithm

daylight + lighting (point in time) (12.pm)

only artificial lighting

1 Like

@Aliarch ,

It’s not really clear what we are looking at in your results. All I can say is that a point-in-time illuminance simulation of electric lighting is accurate and trustworthy as long as you set it up correctly. Maybe you should upload your .gh file with the .ies file so people can see specifically what you are asking.

There’s no good way to simulate Luminare’s in Radiance for an entire year without running a separate point-in-time illuminance simulation for each hour. I would recommend trying to run illuminance simulations of “typical days” to get a sense of illuminance conditions with your .ies file and various solar positions.

Thanks Chris for the reply.
Maybe I explained a little vaguely. I mean collecting illuminance in the point-in-time; Assuming that in addition to daylight entering the space from the window, the electric lights are on at the same time. For example, in a sunny sky, at 12 noon.
But given the unusual pattern of light distribution in such a simulation, I have some doubts.
combination of lighting and daylight.gh (554.3 KB)

also You are right about the annual simulation discussion. it is not possible.

@Aliarch ,

I cannot run your .gh file without having the geometry internalized. I don’t see anything wrong with it, though. If you upload the Rhino file, I’ll see if I can recreate the result.

1 Like

Also, I noticed that many of your components are over 5 years old. You really should be using the later versions from Foo4Rhino.

1 Like

Hi @Aliarch I ran your model on my computer and changed ab to 4. The illuminance will be more smooth. The sky is 12:00 July 1st.

I changed the sky to 6:00 July 1st, here is the result.

The mesh with countour line:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @chris and also @minggangyin for spend your time.
Yes, with increasing -ab, it seems a bit more logical. But again, I do not think it can completely solve the difference in the illuminance spectrum between daylight and electric light. Maybe this is a bug. anyway I try to solve this issue to some extent by changing the band (min and max).

And the question I had; How did you create countour lines?

I used the compotent to create countour lines.

1 Like

Is there a new version available where I can simulate electrical light in combination with daylight? The only version I can find is Ladybug Legacy from 2020, which does not work with Rhinoceros 7.

@minggangyin are the components you used for the simulation above from the legacy version of the electric lighting? I’m looking into this for my current work as well.

@Resh Yes.You can try ladybug and honeybee legacy version for electric lighting simulation.

1 Like

@minggangyin
Is there any way to simulate artificial light or know the need for artificial light that I should use? in the new LBT 1.7 components?