Comfort Shade Benefit Evaluator is not giving shadeNetEffect outputs

Hello

For a university project, I’m creating an canopy for an outdoor space and want to use Ladybug’s Comfort Shade Benefit Evaluator to find the necessary area of the canopy.
But the “shadeNetEffect” is always zero, giving no results. I’ve tried to run this case study from github of a bus stop in New York and it’s not giving the results it was supposed to show. I guess the problem is not the algorithm, since I’m following the instructions. The other components are showing normal results.

The image below is showing the case study, that is supposed to be correct, but is having the same error as my project.

I have installed Ladybug 0.0.69, Honeybee 0.0.66 and the optional installations.

–Edit–

This is the error message that comes in everyline of the output “out” of the shadeNetEffect component, even with correct inputs:
ValueError('need more than 0 values to unpack',)
Also, every line from the outputs “shadeHelpfulness” and “shadeHarmfulness” comes as zero

I’m using Rhino 7

I was able to recreate the error on my end. I am 99% sure that the issue is the result of a change that McNeel recently made in the RhinoCommon SDK MeshRay intersection calculation. The component still works as intended in Rhino 6 before McNeel made the change. I will try to prioritize getting a version of this component in the LBT plugin that works in Rhino 7. For now, I am sorry that I don’t have a better answer other than “use Rhino 6.”

1 Like

This answer is good enough for me! I will try using Rhino 6 and post here if this worked, for other people who may have the same problem. Thank you for your time!
Is there a expected release date of the next version? Don’t worry if saying that is not possible.

It worked! Thank you very much!!

1 Like